HOW TO OVERCOME THE FEAR OF FAILURE BY BARR UKONU ADA MERCY @MERCY_UKONU
In the game of life, no one ever likes failing. Failure is said to be part of human nature. When we become engulfed with the fear of failing, it eclipse our motivation for success. Failure, makes up part of your success, this is what makes great men. To get to the next phase in life, you must overcome the fear of failure.
To achieve success, we must take our minds away from failure. Fear of failure kills your creative ability, and keeps you entrapped in your comfort zone, afraid of making a move at all times.
Some of the reasons why people are scared of failing, includes but not limited to;
1. Perfectionism: Those who at all times want to be perfect, the perfectionist, sees failure as a terrible and embarrassing thing, and often scared of failing. This singular act, places them at a fix, no willing to move and try something new.
2. False Self Confidence: people with true self confidence, understands and knows that they will not always succeed, so they brace themselves up for it.
3. Childhood Life Pattern: A persons upbringing affects his perception of failure, and play a major role.
The following factors will help you to overcome the fear of failure;
1. Identify the sources of the fear. This is very important as it will help to minimize fear of failure and dealt with accordingly
Figure out Where the Fear Comes From
Ask yourself what the root cause of your negative belief could be.
Write down where you think the fear comes from, and try to understand it as an outsider.
If it helps, imagine you’re trying to help one of your best friends. Perhaps your fear stems from something that happened in your childhood, or a deep-seated insecurity.
Naming the source of the fear takes away some of its power.
2. Learn to Think Positive
In many cases, you believe what you tell yourself. Your internal dialogue affects how you react and behave.
3. Look at the Worst-Case Scenario
There are times when the worst case could be absolutely devastating. In many cases, if something bad happens, it won’t be the end of the world.
It’s important to define how bad the worst case scenario is in the grand scheme of your life. Sometimes, we give situations more power than they deserve. In most cases, a failure is not permanent.
4. Have a Backup Plan
It never hurts to have a backup plan. The last thing you want to do is scramble for a solution when the worst has happened.
5. Believe in your self and ability. A strong believe, erodes all forms of fear, and gives you the strength to fight on.
Therefore, with these, and more, we can overcome the fear of failure, to be in charge of any circumstances whatsoever.
To fear failure, is to avoid progress.
ACTIVATE YOUR BRAIN BOX TODAY
WATCH FULL VIDEO BELOW HOW TO OVERCOME THE FEAR OF FAILURE BY BARR UKONU ADA MERCY @MERCY_UKONU